Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Goat Cheese Coconut Cheesecake Frozen Yogurt

Ok, so I know that title is a mouthful, but really, what part of that was I supposed to leave out?!  How about the fact that this is ridiculously easy to make, SUPER creamy, delightfully tangy, subtly sweet, and STILL healthy... :)  It really doesn't get much better than this!

I was looking through Pinterest at various blog posts for "Goat Cheese Cheesecake", and "Greek Yogurt Cheesecake", when I thought to myself... "Why couldn't I make a Goat Cheese AND Greek Yogurt Cheesecake"?  And then I thought, "And what if I didn't have to bake it?  And what if I froze it into icecream?!"  Once in a while I do have a moment of genius.


Ingredients:

For the Yogurt:
6 oz. Goat Milk Cheese
1 cup Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
1 can (13.5-14 oz.) Light Coconut Milk
2/3 cup Xylitol (you could use regular sugar)
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
dash sea salt

For the topping:
2/3 cup Granola (use your favorite)
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
-OR-
1/4 cup Almond Meal
2 tsp. Xylitol
1/8 tsp. Cinnamon
dash sea salt

For the Yogurt, leave goat cheese out to soften.  When softened, combine goat cheese, greek yogurt, coconut milk, Xylitol, vanilla, and salt in a bowl and mix thoroughly until smooth.  Pour into icecream maker and follow manufacturer's directions for freezing.

While the yogurt freezes, place granola and cinnamon in a blender and blend until it resembles graham cracker crumbs.

Once yogurt has frozen, serve in a dish and top with granola crumbs!  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment