Friday, March 9, 2012

Ah-mazing Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Here's another one that is tucked away in my brain and has been refined, and dare I say, perfected, over the years.  I mean really, who doesn't love a good chocolate chip cookie??

1 C. butter, softened (I always use salted butter!)
3/4 C. granular sugar
3/4 C. packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1-2 tsp. vanilla (if you like a stronger vanilla presence, use 2 tsp.)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. sea salt (trust me on this!)
2 1/4 C. all-purpose flour
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  In a large bowl cream butter and sugars together.  Add eggs until well blended.  Add baking soda, baking powder, salt and vanilla and mix in thoroughly.  Add flour, blending until just combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Drop cookie dough by the spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake 8-10 minutes in the center of the oven.  I like these to look ever-so-slightly gooey in the center when I pull them out, and then I leave them on a cooling rack to set up.

Variation: Double Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
Add 1/3 C. Cocoa powder to the flour, and use dark chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet.  You'll also want to reduce the heat to 375 degrees, and bake for about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment