Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Holy Healthy Peanut Butter Balls Batman!!

Looking for a quick, easy, and healthy snack?  Look no further!  This treat is delicious, requires no baking, and is healthy to boot!  I found this recipe on one of my favorite blogs - Chocolate Covered Katie!  Seriously, if you haven't checked out her blog before, you need to get yourself over there right now!  Trust me, you'll thank me.

My kids love this as an afternoon snack.  In fact, my son Hudson would eat an entire plateful in a single sitting if I would let him!  Now admittedly, my neighbor kids all snicker when I ask if anyone "wants some peanut butter balls", but one taste of these treats and the snickering stops.  It's really hard to snicker while you're asking for seconds...

Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Balls

Ingredients:
(These quantities are for a double batch, which is just about right for my family!)
1/2 C. peanut butter (I find that all-natural chunky PB works best)
1/2 C. plus a generous 1/3 C. raisins
1/4 C. roasted peanuts
1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
salt to taste

Directions:
Here's the best part...throw it all into a food processor and combine until smooth.  You'll know when it's ready because the ingredients will all kind of pull together into a giant ball and just roll around the inside of the processor with the blade.  Then just scoop it into balls, cookies, bars, or just grab a spoon and dig in!!

1 comment:

  1. Man this looks amazing. We've got gluten-free guests visiting tomorrow. Looks like something we could all enjoy together. thanks

    ReplyDelete